If there is a time consideration here, perhaps you want to do this because
the data isn't interesting after some time interval has elapsed but the
keyspace for new entries will be similar -- then consider using TTLs. It's
easy and they will do what you want, garbage collecting useless data while
not changing region boundaries.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy