 From: James Taylor <jtay...@salesforce.com>
To: HBase User <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2013 5:49 PM
Subject: independent scans to same region processed serially

Wanted to check with folks and see if they've seen an issue around this before
digging in deeper. I'm on 0.94.2. If I execute in parallel multiple scans to
different parts of the same region, they appear to be processed serially. It's
actually faster from the client side to execute a single serial scan than it is
to execute multiple parallel scans to different segments of the region. I do
have region observer coprocessors for the table I'm scanning, but my code is
not doing any synchronization.

Is there a known limitation in this area? Anyone else see anything similar?

    James