No. before the timestamp. All the row keys which are identical go to the
same region. This is the default Hbase behavior and is meant to make the
performance better. But sometimes the machine gets overloaded with reads
and writes because we get concentrated on that particular machine. For
example timeseries data. So it's better to hash the keys in order to make
them go to all the machines equally. HTH

BTW, did that range query work??

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/