When a region server reports to master the first time, ServerManager does
the following check:

   * Checks if the clock skew between the server and the master. If the
clock skew exceeds the

   * configured max, it will throw an exception; if it exceeds the
configured warning threshold,

   * it will log a warning but start normally.
The unit is in milliseconds.
These two parameters are configurable.

Please take a look at the source code if possible - the code should come
with tar ball.

Cheers