Hi Greame,

No. The reducer will simply write on the table the same way you are doing a
regular Put. If a split is required because of the size, then the region
will be split, but at the end, there will not necessary be any region
split.

In the usecase described below, all the 600 lines will "simply" go into the
only region in the table and no split will occur.

The goal is to partition the data for the reducer only. Not in the table.

JM