*Database(SQL, NoSQL, Graph, Document etc etc)*

   1. Used for Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) but can be used for
   other purposes such as Data Warehousing. This records the data from the
   user for history.
   2. The tables and joins are complex since they are normalized (for
   RDMS). This is done to reduce redundant data and to save storage space.
   3. Entity – Relational modeling techniques are used for RDMS database
   design.
   4. Optimized for write operation.
   5. Performance is low for analysis queries.

*Warehouse*

   1. Used for Online Analytical Processing (OLAP). This reads the
   historical data for the Users for business decisions.
   2. The Tables and joins are simple since they are de-normalized. This is
   done to reduce the response time for analytical queries.
   3. Data – Modeling techniques are used for the Data Warehouse design.
   4. Optimized for read operations.
   5. High performance for analytical queries.
   6. Is *usually* a Database.

                                                                HTH

Warm Regards,
Tariq