I think that you when you are talking about RMap, you are referring to
MapR´s distribution.
I think that MapR´s team released a very good version of its Hadoop
distribution focused on HBase called M7. You can see its overview here:
http://www.mapr.com/products/mapr-editions/m7-edition

But this release was under beta testing, and I see that it´s not included
in the Amazon Marketplace yet:
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/seller-profile?id=802b0a25-877e-4b57-9007-a3fd284815a5

--
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda