No worries, Anoop. Here is some clarification for this chain.

It started initially to figure out how to check whether SCR is effective at
the RS or not. I could not find the metric anywhere in ganglia/JMX and
didn't find any RegionServer level metric either and so started looking at
my DN logs. I saw a lot of "clienttrace" logs which are basically logs for
HDFS_READ and HDFS_WRITE ops. I wanted to see if it's a valid assumption
that SCR is working if I don't see any clienttrace logs for the RS that is
hosted on the same box as the DN.

Hopefully I clarified it.