Hi Stack:
Yes, we do hit full GC in the 8G heap. I see ... so, you are saying that it
would just be linearly proportional ... so, I should expect a 3x pause
increase with 24G _if_ the full GC hits. I agree with you ... with much
more head room (and mslab etc enabled by default) we shouldn't normally hit
a full GC.

I can surely try this out on a test cluster ... thanks for the pointer on
the 3x increase if it hits full gc. That quantifies it for me much better.
Thanks
--Suraj