>From the information Demian provided in the first email:

bq. a table containing 20 million keys splitted automatically by HBase in 4
regions and balanced in 3 region servers

I think the number of regions should be increased through (manual)
splitting so that the data is spread more evenly across servers.

If the Get's are scattered across whole key space, there is some
optimization the client can do. Namely group the Get's by region boundary
and issue multi get per region.

Please also refer to http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#rowkey.design,
especially 6.3.2.

Cheers