From: Saurabh Yahoo <saurabh...@yahoo.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Cc: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: experiencing high latency for few reads in HBase

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your response.

1. Our SLA is less than one sec. we cannot afford latency more than 1 sec.

We can increase heap size if that help, we have enough memory on server. What
would be the optimal heap size?

2. Cache hit ratio is 95%.  One thing I don't understand that we have allocated
only 4gb for block cache out of 12gb. That left 8gb for rest of JVM. There is
no write. Memcache is empty. Is 8gb not enough for hbase to process the
requests? What are the most memory consuming objects in region server?

3. We will change the cf to IN_memory and report back performance difference.

Thanks,
Saurabh.