hi, Ron.
Indeed, I have rewrote the implementation of
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.RegionServerMetrics
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.RegionServerDynamicMetrics
There are major changes as below:
1) change the context name for hbase to separate name for each other;
like hadoop-metrics.properties:
hbase-rsdm respresents DynamicMetrics
and hbase-rs represents RegionServerMetrics.

2) add a filterMapper in Metrics, when it updates to ganglia or other
metrics collector.
so in our implementation, it will fetch the filter from
hadoop-metrics.properties, and emit metrics as to settings.

3) In order to support dynamic add/remove filter in
hadoop-metrics.properties, we alternatively add a rpc to restart metrics
system in RegionServer without restarting rs.

Tks