Hello,

We're using LoadIncrementalHFiles.doBulkLoad to upload HFiles to an hbase table
in bulk programmatically.
But at times, the HFiles are too big to fit in a single region. So, the
doBulkLoad method splits and stores the parts
in a _tmp directory. This _tmp directory has 755 as permission and because of
it, when actual upload
starts we get an exception since the hbase user do not have permission to move
this _tmp directory.

org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=hbase, access=WRITE,
inode="/tmp/BulkHBaseLoad/1380673269233/E/_tmp":bulkloader:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

We do set fs.permissions.umask-mode to 000 at the start of the job. (Which I
believe has no effect)

I understand that this the same problem described in

I was wondering if there's any work around that i can use before the HBASE-8495
gets fixed.

Thanks,
Hardik.