From:   Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
To:     user@hbase.apache.org,
Date:   10/22/2013 07:37 PM
Subject:        Re: coprocessor status query

> "The coprocessor class is of course still in memory on the
> regionserver,...."
>
> That was kinda my point.
>
> You can't remove the class from the RS until you do a rolling restart.

Yes, understood.

However, your original statement that "You can't remove a coprocessor"
needed some clarification, in that the coprocessor that threw the
exception
_is_ removed from the active set of coprocessors for that region.  So it
is
no longer invoked for pre/post hooks on the call path for further
requests.

>From the original question, I take it that this invocation context is what
Wei cared about.