Looking at some of the Filter classes,
e.g. src/compatibility/hadooplib_96/storage/HSearchScalarFilter.java, I saw:
  public final boolean hasFilterRow() {
    return true;
  }
However, there is no filterRow() defined in the Filter.

See javadoc for hasFilterRow():

  /**
   * Primarily used to check for conflicts with scans(such as scans
that do not read a full row at a
   * time).
   *
   * @return True if this filter actively uses filterRow(List) or filterRow().