Hi Shahab,

Thanks for the response.

I have added the @Override and somehow that worked. I have pasted the new
Reducer code below.

Though, I did not understood the difference here, as if what I have done
differently. I might be a very silly reason though.

package com.test.hadoop;

import java.io.IOException;

import org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable;
import org.apache.hadoop.io.Text;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Reducer;

public class WordCountReducer extends Reducer<Text, IntWritable, Text,
IntWritable> {

        @Override
        protected void reduce(Text key, Iterable<IntWritable> values, Context
context)

                int sum = 0;
                for (IntWritable val : values) {
                        sum += val.get();
                }
                context.write(key, new IntWritable(sum));
        }
}