http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.solr/solr-core/4.7.1/org/apache/solr/update/processor/StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.java#StatelessScriptUpdateProcessorFactory.ScriptUpdateProcessor.invokeFunction%28java.lang.String%2Cjava.lang.Object%5B%5D%29

it looks better check the update-script.groovy script to see what really
happens?