I agree with Bryan.

HBase start to have some GC difficulties after 16GB. Depending of the kind
of load you put on it, it might be fine up to a certain point. Seems that
with your daily load, 30GB is fine. However, when you start to do the
compactions, you start to see the GC issues.

You can try G1. There will be a performance impact, but might get you on a
more stable path. Else, you will have to reduce your heap size, but this,
again, might have some impact on the performances too... Basically, what
ever you will do to get more stable will impact your performances :(

JM