Yes, we run 0.94.

Regarding your suggestion of copying data: what method/tools would you suggest
for this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Marc Spaggiari [mailto:jean-m...@spaggiari.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:26 AM
To: user
Subject: Re: state-of-the-art method for merging regions on v0.94

Yep, did it ;) (20:1 reduction, about 10K regions) You really need to
understand what you are doing when doing that.

Off line merge will need some downtimes and depending on the version you use
might have some issues. Can still find work arround, but again, you need to
know.

Another option is to copy your data into another table where regions are
bigger...

What HBase version do you run? 0.94.?

JM