Hi Ted and others,

I did the following after adding splits (without data) to my table, however
the region is still very imbalanced (one region server has 221 regions and
other 50 region servers have about 4~8 regions each).

      admin.balancer()
      admin.setBalancerRunning(true, true)

The balancer class in my HBase cluster is

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.balancer.StochasticLoadBalancer

So, is this behavior expected? Can I assign different balancer class to my
tables (I don't have HBase admin permission)? Which one should I use?

I just want HBase to evenly distribute the regions even they don't have
data (that's the purpose of pre-split I think).

Jianshi