From: Anoop John [mailto:anoop.hb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 3:13 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: scan + filter failed with OutOfOrderScannerNextException

Hi
   Even when the RS throws this Exception, the client side will start a new
Scanner and retry. U just see this in log or the scan is failing altogether?
What is the caching you use on Scan?  When most of the rows are filtered out at
server side, it takes more time to fetch and return the 'caching'
number of rows back to client. By this time the client would have already timed
out and sent a retry. We allow such a retry will cause not getting back all the
results. This is a serious problem and this Exception way
helps there.   You can try increasing the scan time out period at client
side. This should help.

-Anoop-