Hi all,

I'm trying to get a custom filter to work on HBase 0.96. After some
searching, I found that starting from 0.96, the implementer is required to
implement "toByteArray" and "parseFrom" methods, using Protocol Buffers.
But I'm having trouble with the "how".

The "proto" file for the existing filters is located here:
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-protocol/src/main/protobuf/Filter.proto

Am I supposed to modify that file? Or create a new file, compile it into
Java, and package it up with the filter?

In the meantime, I've taken a shortcut that's not working. Here's my code:
http://pastebin.com/iHFKu9Xz

I'm using "PrefixFilter", which comes with HBase, since I'm also filtering
by "prefix". However, that errors out with the following:
http://pastebin.com/zBg47p6Z

Thanks in advance for helping!

-Matt