From:   Stack <st...@duboce.net>
To:     Hbase-User <user@hbase.apache.org>
Date:   11/27/2014 06:58 PM
Subject:        Re: Unable to fetch data from HBase.
Sent by:        saint....@gmail.com

Is the hbase server running?  Is it at localhost/127.0.0.1:60020  ?  You
are getting connection refused...
St.Ack

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 5:13 AM, <dhamodharan.ramalin...@tcs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Hadoop 2.5.1 and HBase 0.98.8-hadoop2 stand-alone mode,  when
> use the following client side code
>
> public static void main(final String[] args) {
>
>         HTableInterface table = null;
>
>         try {
>
>                 final HBaseManager tableManager =
> HBaseManager.getInstance();
>
>                 table = tableManager
>  .getHTable(HBaseConstants.TABLE_EMP_DETAILS);
>
>                 final Scan scan = new Scan();
>
>                 final ResultScanner resultScanner =
> table.getScanner(scan);
>
>                 for (final Result result : resultScanner) {
>
>                         LOG.debug("The Employee id : "
>                                         +
> HBaseHelper.getValueFromResult(result,
>  HBaseConstants.COLUME_FAMILY,
>  HBaseConstants.EMP_ID));
>
>                         LOG.debug("The Employee Name to id : "
>                                         +
> HBaseHelper.getValueFromResult(result,
>  HBaseConstants.COLUME_FAMILY,
>  HBaseConstants.EMP_NAME));
>                 }
>

>         } catch (final Exception ex) {
>                 // TODO Auto-generated catch block
>         }
> }
>
> When I execute the code I am getting the following error, I have
firewall
> disabled for the port. Still I am getting this error.
>
> 27 Nov 2014 18:33:01,484 196074 [main] DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcClient  - Connecting to
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
> 27 Nov 2014 18:33:02,484 197074 [main] DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RpcClient  - IPC Client (21276817) connection to
> localhost/127.0.0.1:60020 from 394728: closing ipc connection to
> localhost/127.0.0.1:60020: Connection refused: no further information
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.checkConnect(Native Method)
>         at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(
> SocketIOWithTimeout.java:206)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:529)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:493)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$Connection.setupConnection(
> RpcClient.java:578)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$Connection.setupIOstreams(
> RpcClient.java:868)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient.getConnection(
> RpcClient.java:1543)
>         at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient.call(RpcClient.java:1442)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient.callBlockingMethod(
> RpcClient.java:1661)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcClient$BlockingRpcChannelImplementation.callBlockingMethod(
> RpcClient.java:1719)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$BlockingStub.get(
> ClientProtos.java:30363)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.getRowOrBefore(
> ProtobufUtil.java:1546)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$2.call(HTable.java:717)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$2.call(HTable.java:715)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(
> RpcRetryingCaller.java:117)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.getRowOrBefore(
> HTable.java:721)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.MetaScanner.metaScan(
> MetaScanner.java:144)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.prefetchRegionCache(
> HConnectionManager.java:1140)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(
> HConnectionManager.java:1202)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(
> HConnectionManager.java:1092)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(
> HConnectionManager.java:1049)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionLocation(
> HConnectionManager.java:890)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RegionServerCallable.prepare(
> RegionServerCallable.java:72)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ScannerCallable.prepare(
> ScannerCallable.java:125)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(
> RpcRetryingCaller.java:116)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(
> RpcRetryingCaller.java:93)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.nextScanner(
> ClientScanner.java:283)
>         at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientScanner.initializeScannerInConstruction(