At HubSpot we have 5 customer facing production clusters 30-60TB+ each. Our
Data Ops team has ranged from 2-3 (including me), but we support much more
than just hbase. We have an in-house built nightly backup system and
persist all HLogs on an ongoing basis, so in 2-3 hours we can recover to
within about a minute of any disaster . We are also looking at replication
for the future.

Our clusters serve mixed workloads, from APIs serving thousands of req/s to
Hadoop and other batch jobs. Each of these have different SLAs, but the
APIs are driving customer interactions so must be in the 100-500ms range or
lower, mostly.