Folks,

We are trying to control space usage and manage security at HBase namespace
level. Think of it in terms of a RDBMS (database and superuser for a
database). Is there a simple way to do this?

This is what I have in mind. Does it make sense?

   - Space quotas: Namespace is managed under /apps/hbase/data/data/<namespace>
   directory. We'll  use "dfsadmin -setQuota" to set appropriate quotas.
   - Make <superuser> owner of /apps/hbase/data/data/<namespace> directory
   in hdfs.

Thanks for any pointers from folks who have done this kind of thing.
Appreciate the time.

Manoj