Hi,   When an Hbase RS goes down(possibly because of hardware issues etc), the
regions get moved off that machine to other Region Servers. However, since the
new region servers do not have the backing HFiles, data locality for the newly
transitioned regions is not great and hence some of our jobs are a lot slower
on these regions. Is there an API for me to determine the regions within a RS
which are responsible for low HDFS locality, for which I could trigger a
compaction to improve locality?
I took a look at HDFSBlocksDistribution from which I can determine the RS with
low HDFS locality. But, going from the RS level to the specific region which is
responsible, seems harder. I could try to look at the backing hfiles and
determine locality using HDFS, but that seems roundabout. Any suggestions?
I am running Hbase 0.94.15 with CDH 4.6
~Rahul.