On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Pun Intended <punintende...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have noticed lately that my apps started running longer.

You are processing more data now?

> The longest
> running tasks seem all to be requesting data from a single region server.

Has the rate at which you access hbase:mta gone up since when the job ran
faster? Anything changed in your processing?  Is the trip to hbase:meta
what is slowing your jobs (you could add some printout in your maptask but
meta looks should be fast usually out of cache). How long do the tasks
last?  Are they short or long?  If long running, then they'll build up a
local cache of locations and won't have to go to hbase:meta.

St.Ack