CDH 5.3
HBase 98.6

We are writing data to an HBase table through a M/R job. We pre split the
table before each job run. The problem is that most of the regions end up
on the same RS. This results in that one RS being severely overloaded and
subsequent M/R jobs failing trying to write to the regions on that RS.

The balancer is on and the split policy is default. No changes there. It is
a 10 node cluster.

All other related properties are defaults too.

Any idea, how can we force balancing of the new regions? Do we have to
consider compaction into the equation as well? Thanks.

Regards,
Shahab