I meant, in the normal course of operation, rebalancing will not
affect writes in flight. This is never an issue when pre splitting
because, by definition, splits occurred before data was written to the
regions.

"If I choose to automatically split rows, but choosing a row key like
we described in this thread to keep data almost evenly distributed on
every partition, I might end up having the increase in read/write
latency when data is moving from a region to the other, although this
could be rare, is this right?"
Yes.

Alok