@JM:
You mentioned about deleting "the files", are you referring to HDFS files
or file on HBase?

Our cluster have 15 nodes. We used 14 of them as DN. Actually we tried to
enable the remaining one as DN (so that we have 15 DN), but then we
disabled it (so now we have 14 again). Probably our crawlers write some
data into the additional DN without any replication. Maybe I could try to
enable again the DN.

I don't have the list of the corrupted files yet. I notice that when I try
to Get some of the files, my HBase client code throws these exceptions:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after
attempts=2, exceptions:
Mon Feb 23 17:49:32 SGT 2015,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$3@11ff4a1c,
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException: Region is not online:
plr_sg_insta_media_live,\x0177998597896:953:5:a5:58786,1410771627251.6c323832d2dc77c586f1cf6441c7ef6e.

Can I use these exceptions to determine the corrupted files?
The files are media data (images or videos) obtained from the internet.

@Michael Segel: Yup, 3 is the default and recommended value. We were
overwhelmed with the amount of data, so we foolishly reduced our
replication factor. We have learnt the lesson the hard way :).

Fortunately it's okay to lose the data, i.e. we can easily recover them
from our other data.

Arinto
www.otnira.com