Hi all,

We are running out of space in our small hadoop cluster so I was checking
disk usage on HDFS and I saw that most of the space was occupied by the*
/hbase/oldWALs* folder.

I have checked in the "HBase Definitive Book" and others books, web-site
and I have also search my issue on google but I didn't find a proper
response...

So I would like to know what does this folder, what is use for and also how
can I free space from this folder without breaking everything...

If it's related to a specific version... our cluster is under
5.3.0-1.cdh5.3.0.p0.30 from cloudera (hbase 0.98.6).

Thx for your help!