Your best bet is to look at the examples provided in the hbase-examples
module, f.e.
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/branch-1.0/hbase-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/example/RowCountEndpoint.java
or
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/branch-1.0/hbase-examples/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/example/BulkDeleteEndpoint.java

If you are working with a 0.98 release, substitute "0.98" for "branch-1.0"
in the above URLs.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy