On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Liam Slusser <lslus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sean -
>
> Very likely.  Funny the Cloudera manager 5.2.1 was able to upgrade to
> CDH5.3 with parcels and I just noticed now that is saying CDH5.3.2 is
> available for download.  So while it might not a  "supported configuration"
> they sure don't stop you from doing it nor does it say anything about it
> not being a supported configuration.

Yes, it was a "strong suggestion" before, but in an upcoming CM release it
will be enforced as an error. Unfortunately, there's not much way to do
that enforcement on older CM versions without causing wider operational
breakage.

> I'm not sure if somebody else can chime in with cloudera manager 5.3+ to
> see if they see the same behavior.  I'm heading out for a much needed
> vacation here for the next week but once I get back I'll upgrade our
> cloudera manager to 5.3 and see if that bug is fixed.

If folks wish to continue this discussion, please do so on the vendor
support site instead of the ASF list.

ref: http://community.cloudera.com/

--
Sean