Just to make it a little bit more complex, let me put repeat what Nick
already said in this thread:

"However, a detail of our region recovery process
is that a region actually comes online for writes *before* it's available
for reads. That is, it can recover into a state that is
available-for-writes faster than it can recover into a state that is
available-for-reads. "

HBase allows you to write while it replays the edits in parallel (and stays
strongly consistent). So for a write only load the MTTR is: zookeeper
failure detection + region allocation

Nicolas