Hi All,

We are using hbase version 0.96.1.1-cdh5.0.0 and need to selectively delete
some regions from a table.
I can afford to disable the table for sometime in order to perform this
activity but absolutely cannot risk loosing the data stored in active
regions (other than ones that need to be delete) on this table.

How can this be done? I did not find any direct command from hbase shell to
delete a region. Also, after deletes of the regions is there any other
fsck/repair like activity that needs to be done in order to update the
updated region server meta info with the master?

--cheers, gaurav