I'm attempting to write a Crunch pipeline to read various rows from a table
in HBase and then do processing on these results. I am doing this from a
cluster deployed using CDH 5.3.2 running Kerberos and YARN.

I was hoping to get an answer on what is considered the best approach to
authenticate to HBase within MapReduce task execution context? I've perused
various posts/documentation and it seems that TokenUtil was, at least at
one point, the right approach, however I notice now it has been moved to be
a part of the hbase-server package (instead of hbase-client). Is there a
better way to retrieve and pass an HBase delegation token to the MR job
launched by my pipeline?

Thanks,
Ed Skoviak