i'm still designing and coming up to speed with hbase, trying to use a
columnprefix filter to find rows/keys that have a certain family:column key,
and then get all  the data for that key.

so the goal would be, assuming there was a table like this (example)

> create 'cars' , 'interior', 'exterior'

Then assuming there was a bunch of rows with cars with a key by license
plate (i know, this example is contrived and silly), and I wanted to find
all keys/rows (and their data) that have a exterior:sunroof key, and then
all of their rows of data (still coming up to speed on the terminology here,
so welcome suggestion on what I've gotten wrong ;-)

12345   column=interior:radio value=foo
12345   column=interior:seat value=bar
12345   column=exterior:sunroof value=foo
22345   column=exterior:wheels value=two
22345   column=interior:radio value=bar

     scan 'cars', { COLUMNS => ['exterior'], LIMIT => 10, FILTER =>
"(ColumnPrefixFilter('sunroof')" }

Now that scan works and finds just the 12345 key, but i'd also like to get
all the other data about the key in a single scan. Currently I have to get
the rows/keys, then  another scan for each to find all their associated
data.

Wondering if there is one way, in such a scenerio to get all the data, based
on a column:key existing in a row?

Thanks,

Rich