It depends on your read pattern. If you mostly read small subset of columns
(you have a lot of them) both approaches are bad. You will need to scan all
your columns and deserialize blobs to extract only few of them (that is 5MB
at least). Consider adding more data (columns) to rowkey and using
FuzzyRowFilter, should be faster.

>From write perf point of view, blobs are better, of course.

-Vlad