Thanks Nick! Unfortunately, I'm stuck with 0.98. Perhaps it's something I
should look into backporting if all else fails...

Would also bigger great if anyone had any insight in the differences
between offheap and file:/ in terms of configuration. When RAM to tmpfs was
used as the workaround for the RS issue, was MaxDirectMemory size still set?

Thanks!