Hi Beeshma,

Thanks for your response.

I am running zookeeper locally. but I am not managing it with hbase i.e I
have this set:
export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false

and also:
<property>
                <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
                <value>true</value>
        </property>

even though I have everything running locally in standalone mode.

If I dont set "hbase.cluster.distributed"  I am seeing zookeeper being
started with start of my hbase. I am not sure if there is any other good
way not to start or stop zookeeper with hbase as by only setting
 (HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false) it doesnt work.

Were you able to setup hbase-indexer at all ?

Pankil