I can see that too on one of our clusters, and the thing which is really
weird is that another one of ours has the exact same configuration (as it
is the pre-production cluster) and we don't see the problem there.
I also did a lot of googling, but as we couldn't find a solution we simply
made a cron to restart periodically the RegionServers (to avoid a full on
Hadoop data partitions).

Regards,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL
System & virtualization engineer
TO - XaaS Ind - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)