I see you set cacheBlocks to be false on the Scan.   By any chance on
some other RS(s), the data you are looking for is already in cache?
(Any previous scan or  by cache on write)  And there are no concurrent
writes any way right?   This much difference in time !  One
possibility is blocks avail or not avail in cache..

-Anoop-