Hi all,

I have a small question regarding the MapReduce jobs behaviour with HBase.

I have a HBase test table with only 8 rows. I splitted the table with the hbase
shell
split command into 2 splits. So now there are 4 rows in every split.

I create a MapReduce job that only prints the row key in the log files.
When I run the MapReduce job, every row is processed by 1 mapper. But the
mappers
in the same split are executed sequentially (inside the same container). That
means,
the first four rows are processed sequentially by 4 mappers. The system has
cores
that are free, so is it possible to process rows in parallel if they are
located
in the same split?

The only way I found to have 8 mappers executed in parallel is split the table
in 8 splits (1 split per row). But obviously this is not the best solution for
big tables ...

Thanks,
Ivan.