I don't know why you would want to do this all through the hbase shell if
your main driver is Java, unless you have a lot of existing complicated
scripts you want to leverage. Why not just write Java code against the
standard Java hbase client?

Or if you need different parameters for each time you invoke a script,
parameterize your script and invoke it with different parameters each time.
HBase shell scripts are just Ruby scripts with special built in HBase
commands/functions, so parameterize it in the same way you'd parameterize
any Ruby script.

----
Saad