Oops, spoke too soon. Looks like owner was deprecated back in HBASE-6188,
but is still sticking around (e.g. you can get it from HTableDescriptor
with getOwnerString and we even updated our TestAccessController to include
it). Not sure why it remains deprecated after all this time, so maybe
someone more seasoned than me can explain the justification…

Things like replication_scope can be seen by using ‘describe' from the
HBase shell. Other metadata (e.g. modified time) is not kept for HBase
tables as far as I’m aware.

-Dima