Hello,

We are running 1.2.0-cdh5.7.0 on our server side, and 1.0.0-cdh5.4.5 on the
client side. We're in the process of upgrading the client, but aren't there
yet. I'm trying to figure out the relationship of Result.isPartial and the
user, when setMaxResultSize is used.

I've done a little reading of the code, and it looks like isPartial is
mostly used by the internals of ClientScanner. From what I can tell the
user should never get a Result where isPartial == true, because the
ClientScanner will do multiple requests internally to flesh out incomplete
rows.

However, the code is a bit complex so I'd like to verify. Is this correct
for either version of HBase above? Is it safe to use setMaxResultSize
without any more work, or should we be handling the potential isPartial()
Result ourselves in every scan request we make?

I wonder if this should be added to the docs, either way (didn't see it),
or remove isPartial from the public API in future versions?

Thanks!