      From: Sandeep Reddy <sandeepvre...@outlook.com>
 To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
 Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:06 PM
 Subject: Very High CPU usage in RegionServer

Hi,

We are observing very high CPU load(400 to 600%) in one of our RegionServer to
the point where the machine is becoming unresponsive.

At this point the whole cluster of 20+ RegionServers becoming unresponsive.

Before cluster becomes unresponsive we observed following symptoms:

  *  Huge bandwidth spike
  *  CPU spikes vertically form normal load to very high usage only in one
RegionServer
  *  Few times even though machine is unresponsive, it sending heartbeats to
master
  *  There is no spike in number of requests to HBase
  *  We are observed this pattern at least twice is last week
  *  We don't have any co-processors in any of the region servers

What could be the possible reasons for this kind of behaviour.

We are using hbase-0.98.7, hadoop-2.5.1 versions.
Its production cluster so upgrading to latest version will not be possible
right away.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Thanks,