Yes, region replica is a good way to improve MTTR. Specially if one or two
servers are down, region replica can improve data availability. But for big
disaster like 1/3 or 1/2 region servers shutdown, I think DLR still useful to
bring regions online more quickly and with less IO usage.

Regards
Allan Yang