If you look at the source code, you would see ReadRequestCostFunction:

    private static final String READ_REQUEST_COST_KEY =

        "hbase.master.balancer.stochastic.readRequestCost";

    private static final float DEFAULT_READ_REQUEST_COST = 5;

and WriteRequestCostFunction :

    private static final String WRITE_REQUEST_COST_KEY =

        "hbase.master.balancer.stochastic.writeRequestCost";

    private static final float DEFAULT_WRITE_REQUEST_COST = 5;

The default weights for these two methods are low (
DEFAULT_REGION_COUNT_SKEW_COST = 500).

Depending on your use case, you can increase one or both the above weights.

Cheers