Manjeet:
With 3 regions (actually 4, considering the region with empty start key)
for the table, data wouldn't be distributed onto 100 nodes - there are not
enough regions to spread across all the region servers.

Assuming the table would receive much data, you can split the table so that
the regions spread more evenly across the nodes.